Harvey Foundation was founded in 2007 by a local South Australian benefactor.
As a private philanthropic initiative, Harvey Foundation has a particularly strong interest in providing support to organisations that lack easy access to public funds and that share a passion for human endeavour and societal improvement.
The general profiles of charities that the Harvey Foundation primarily supports embrace the following:
- Those that are considered a small to medium charity by their size and nature.
- Are locally based in South Australia or has a local proximity.
- Are registered as an Australian charity and as a deductible gift recipient.
Harvey Foundation seeks to provide funding in partnership or on a one-off basis for programs or projects that meet the following criteria:
- Provide a strategic response to human affliction, disease or ailment.
- Seeks to bring hope and dignity to those in need.
- Are a response to emergency situations that threaten or diminish the quality of human life.
- Seek to protect, improve or restore our precious environment.
- Seek to educate future generations about sustainable living on planet earth.
Harvey Foundation allocates funding on a periodic basis under an application basis. For more information on how to apply, see Apply for a Grant.